This is an mp3 blog attempting to document the gross amount of music I listen to. About once a day, I'll post something I like. If you're a copyright holder on anything I host, get in touch, and we'll settle things in a steel cage instead of a courtroom.

Friday, February 20, 2009

Oh god this is terrible - or - TIMBERWOLVES!

I'm bringing this ugly bitch back to life and I'm starting it off with a groaningly-bad song. Because this is a brand new leak and the company involved will probably be zealously searching using obvious keywords, let's just say it's the new song from the band Dreen Gay, and it's the title track from their upcoming schlockfest 21st Century Breakdancing. WINK.

It's not Hawthorne Heights level awful, but it's like seeing an ex-girlfriend who got fat from having kids with some asshole who's now in jail for making meth in the garage. It's sad. Dreen Gay apparently think they're the Who and/or U2 now, and must make IMPORTANT songs about SERIOUS topics because they're ADULTS now. This is the band that once sang about being too bored to masturbate. They also used to be one of the best summer rock bands ever to exist. I guess arena tours and major label budgets do awful things to artistic ambition sometimes.

Anyway, expect this to be hailed as "punk album of the year!" by rock writers who don't really know what punk is. (Hint - they think it's still entirely by and for the fashionable boho hipsters of big cities. This is why shit bands like Be Your Own Pet get labeled as "punk" when in fact they are just "assholes.")

Anyway, enjoy the song, I guess. Or don't. I didn't. And doesn't that artwork make you want to punch whoever did it in the dick?

http://www.mediafire.com/?gj4fwljmytd

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Green Day and I always will...

But, damn. If this wasn't ridiculous U2 style wankery, I don't know what is.

8:19 PM

 
Blogger planetlost said...

I totally agree with you. It's overproduced, completely boring and midtempo for the first half, and what's up with the "free bird" esque ending? the only thing I can say I like about it are the drums, but that's to be expected.

3:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its still better than Gaslight...

9:06 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

I can hear my old college friends now - "The best yet!"

11:35 PM

 
Anonymous Tim said...

they think it's still entirely by and for the fashionable boho hipsters of big cities. This is why shit bands like Be Your Own Pet get labeled as "punk" when in fact they are just "assholes."

damn, right!!!

5:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home