This is an mp3 blog attempting to document the gross amount of music I listen to. About once a day, I'll post something I like. If you're a copyright holder on anything I host, get in touch, and we'll settle things in a steel cage instead of a courtroom.

Sunday, October 05, 2008

The best seven inch I've had since last night

Ghost Town Trio might have released the best seven inch of the year. Since 2008 has seen the release of the Measure [SA]/Off With Their Heads split and the Steinways' Unoriginal Recipe, this is quite a feat. These are three young dudes who clearly wore out the grooves on their Jam, Motwn, and Replacements records, and if you know me, you know I think this is a very very good thing.

The Have You Heard? EP just kinda came out of nowhere. Usually if a band have reached the level of being signed to Team Science, I'll usually have at least heard their name. (This is more of a "I'm an obsessive weirdo" thing than an ego thing.) A chance download of the song "Cold Machine" was more than enough to sell me. A tightly wound piece of rock 'n' roll topped off with a frontman who has some fuckin' pipes, it's one of the five best songs this year.

All four tracks are JAMS. Catchy songs, fantastic rhythm section, great for singalongs when you're alone in the car and drumming on the steering wheel. This is definitely a band to keep your eye on. Say you knew them when before they start opening up for the Hold Steady.

Cold Machine - http://www.mediafire.com/?wyzmlnzmzhe

I Thought You Were (But You're Not) - http://www.mediafire.com/?t4niowhn22i

2 Comments:

Blogger Ape Mummy said...

Definitely catchy as fuck. I'm not totally gay for this...more like handjobs for crack gay.

7:55 PM

 
Blogger Matt Ramone said...

I'm Clay Aiken gay for them.

3:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home