This is an mp3 blog attempting to document the gross amount of music I listen to. About once a day, I'll post something I like. If you're a copyright holder on anything I host, get in touch, and we'll settle things in a steel cage instead of a courtroom.

Saturday, August 23, 2008

My odd fascination with Charles Manson

So back when I was on the dating scene, the conversation would inevitably turn to interests and hobbies. And it would come out. What did I like, besides collecting records and reading biographies and horror movies and hoppy beer and sketch comedy? Well, charming young lady I'm getting to know, I also enjoy serial killers.

It would be at this point that the date would come to a screeching halt.

I never meant this is a "look how spooky like Matt Skiba I am!" manner. I just find them endlessly fascinating. It's not anything beyond the prurient. I don't mean to fetishize it, either. I don't view real life serial killers in the same mental state as I view the weekly villain on SVU. I don't know how to explain it.

One of my favorites is Charles Manson. (I don't like him for "killing the sixties," but it doesn't make me angry either.) Helter Skelter, the book about his trial written by the man who prosecuted him, is an endlessly fascinating tome. Required reading if you can handle it.

One of the bits in the book that catches my attention is the part about how Manson was a failed pop rock songwriter. One can only imagine what would have happened if someone as charismatic, insane, and murderous as Manson had ended up a 60's pop star. (I can't tell if it's fortunate or unfortunate that he never succeeded in his ambitions of fame.)

Anyway, these things speak for themselves. The ravings of a madman, as it were. Would we care without the corpses? Probably not.

Look At Your Game Girl - http://www.mediafire.com/?uu0yaxojvyc

People Say I'm No Good - http://www.mediafire.com/?ulkfjlimtif

Peace in Your Heart - http://www.mediafire.com/?jz8iznts2wf

Devil Man - http://www.mediafire.com/?y4foyido1af

2 Comments:

Blogger Aaron Hale said...

I have to agree about being fascinated with serial killers. I have been all my life. It's given me hours, and hours of reading and privatized studying on my part.

Manson is no exception. I actually have always wanted to hear his music, and thanks for posting it! I'll be checking this out later, especially 'Devil Man' and 'People Say I'm No Good.' God, you've got to love irony.

5:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why dont you two fat faggots go suck each other off.

11:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home